Hey, y’all. I found this footed Apothecary Jar on clearance at Marshall’s for just $5. Other places sell them for as much as $30. What a steal!
In the past, Apothecary Jars were used for storing medicine mixtures and herbs. Nowadays, they’re just for fun and decoration.
You can have this decorative Bubble Gum Party Jar at your next gala.
Here’s how you do it:
- Grab any clear jar you have on hand (Mason jars and milk bottles work great) or you can find these Apothecary Jars at Michael’s, Target and Home Goods.
- Buy a container of colored gumballs - I ended up needing more than I thought with this tall jar.
- Coordinate gumball colors with your party color scheme. You may have to play around with which colors you want where. It’s fun!
- Try to keep the layers uniform.
- Top with a pretty bow.
- If your color scheme is multi-colored, you don’t have to worry with layering them; just pour all the gumballs into your jar and you’re done.
- Voilá – Cute, colorful centerpiece! Pass out the gumballs when they party is winding down for your guests to enjoy.
You can also use colorful jelly beans and other bright candies, chocolate and multi-colored marshmallows to name a few. You can also use Apothecary Jars to display soaps, bath salts and sponges in your bathroom. Be creative!
This Bubble Gum Party Centerpiece idea is colorful, festive and fun!
Give it a try, y’all. If you like this idea, please feel free to pass it on to your friends and family.